- Develop and implement tax strategies aligned with the firm’s business objectives.
- Stay informed about changes in tax laws and regulations to identify opportunities for tax optimization.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the tax function.
- Oversee tax compliance including the preparation and filing of accurate and timely tax returns and timely payment of taxes due.
- Oversee sales, property and other indirect taxes and manage relationships with the local taxing authorities.
- Manage the tax accounting process, including financial statement analysis for tax implications.
- Ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards relative to financial reporting of income taxes.
- Represent the organization in tax audits and disputes with tax authorities.
- Collaborate with accounting and finance department, external auditors and legal and outside counsel as needed.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of tax compliance systems and technologies.
- Lead and manage a team of tax professionals.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and support for professional growth and development.
- Prepare and present tax-related reports and analyses to executive management and the board.
- Communicate the financial impact of tax decisions and strategies.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred
- CPA License required.
- REIT experience helpful
- International tax experience helpful
- Fifteen years of combined industry and public accounting related experience
Skills And Abilities
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws and regulations.
- Experience with tax compliance systems and tax compliance, research and Microsoft Office software.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all other terminal departments.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.