Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage all annual and quarterly tax compliance activities to include coordination among business unit staff, and assisting in collecting / organizing relevant information.
- Gain and maintain familiarity with advisor-prepared federal and state income tax returns to include historical tax profile and trend analysis.
- Lead internal efforts to estimate / forecast future tax liability and explore strategies maximize tax efficiency.
- Support and advise as to compliance and optimization of other taxes to which the company and its subsidiaries are subject to include sales and use tax and property tax.
- Provide guidance to the executive team and other business leadership on various tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions, capital transactions, entity structuring, compensation and benefits, international tax, and other complex tax issues.
- Liaise and collaborate with shareholder tax advisors on shareholder-level tax matters.
- Maintain knowledge of current and proposed tax laws and provide proactive recommendations and strategies to optimize the company’s tax position.
- Collaborate with and support the corporate finance team in their analysis of strategic alternatives and initiatives across the company.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; CPA or Master’s degree in taxation preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive tax experience, preferably in a privately owned company taxed as an S-Corporation, or in a tax and accounting services firm serving similarly situated clients.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations, including experience with S-Corporation taxation and related tax planning strategies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with the ability to identify and address complex tax issues and risks.
- Proven track record of managing and leading tax compliance, planning, and reporting functions, including experience with tax audits and inquiries.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and manage multiple priorities with strict deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex tax concepts to non-tax professionals and interact with all levels of management and external advisors.
- Proficient in tax software and technology, including tax compliance and research tools, ERP systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.