8 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join this global insurer as an IR35 specialist. You will work as part of a business that acts as one of the leading providers of contractor specific insurance. The tax team works with clients to provide thought leadership, planning, tax compliance and ongoing consultancy. It is responsible for ensuring that operations and contracts are compliant in relation to tax laws, and given their focus on the flexible labour market; IR35, off-payroll rules and general employment status play a big part in this.
As part of a team of 13, and reporting to the Head of Tax, you will play an integral part in the future success of this team and be responsible for:
- Providing advice and consultancy to companies, recruitment agencies and contractors on IR35 and the Off-Payroll rules
- Overseeing and directly handling HMRC tax enquiries into individuals, partnerships, and companies including, but not limited to:
- IR35 & the Off-Payroll rules
- Employment status
- Code of Practice 9 enquiries including the Contractual Disclosure Facility
- Code of Practice 8 enquiries not involving serious fraud
- Disguised remuneration enquiries
- Voluntary disclosures
- Identifying and capitalising on business development opportunities in order to grow the consultancy client base and provide additional consultancy services
- Cross sell extended services to clients and assisting in developing and adding to the suite of services for clients
- Writing articles and case studies, providing comment, copy and other output as part of the company's wider PR strategy
In order to succeed, you will have either specific employment tax/IR35 experience or have dealt with tax investigations in some form. Experience from HMRC, the profession or industry would be advantageous. The ability to pay attention to detail, meet tight deadlines and demonstrate commercial acumen will all be critical to the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a business that despite the pandemic is robust and performing well. In addition to a competitive salary, you will be rewarded with excellent benefits and a truly flexible working arrangement - for he right person, long term home working up to 3 days a week will be accommodated. Do not miss this chance to develop your skills and broaden your expertise working as part of this thriving team.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.