Tax Compliance Manager
This is an integral role, with the key focus on US income tax matters, including federal and state tax compliance and tax reporting.
- Review all federal pro-forma tax returns in Corptax and all applicable supporting workpapers.
- Timely review of all federal forms/attachments for filing of the federal consolidation.
- E-file the federal consolidated tax return.
- Review of state/locality returns prepared by the company/3rd party resources.
- Review quarterly federal & state estimates and extensions.
- Manage and mentor an income tax associate.
- Assist with any information document requests as relates to any federal and state income tax audits.
- Investigate and resolve income tax notices.
- Coordinate tax payments on behalf of the internal tax department.
- Assist with quarterly and annual US GAAP income tax provision.
- Review the Company’s Income Tax account reconciliations on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Review federal book-tax difference calculations assigned.
- Review Tie out deferred tax asset/liability work papers and balances.
- Review of state tax reporting workpapers.
- Assist with documentation of applicable SOX internal tax controls.
- Assist with other ad-hoc matters, including cash tax management, business support, corporate project support.
- Drive efficiency and simplicity into the company tax function, including through standardization & simplifications of processes and utilization of technology.
- Liaise with external tax advisors on relevant matters.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized, analytical and a team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven ability to prioritize, problem solve, make recommendations and implement solutions
- US federal and state income tax practical and technical tax expertise (5-10+ years of experience preferred)
- Experience with automation of income tax processes (a plus)
- College degree in Finance/Accounting related discipline (preferred); Additional years of work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- MS in Taxation and/or a CPA (a plus)
- Experience with SAP/HFM/Corptax/Alteryx (a plus)
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.