The Tax Analyst is responsible for the preparation of the corporate and family office income tax reporting obligations and general support of the tax department. The Tax Analyst will report directly to the Vice President of Tax.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Prepares federal, state, local, and international income tax returns for all corporations, partnerships, individuals, and trusts.
- Prepares federal, state, and local extensions and estimates for all entities.
- Prepares correspondence to tax authorities regarding notices or other requests, amended returns, etc.
- Understands tax and accounting concepts to perform tax computations in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyzes issues to determine nature, scope, and direction of investigation required.
- Organizes and maintains tax work papers, filing records, and relevant correspondence.
- Actively deploys tax resources and news to stay current on legislative changes and ideas.
- Supports tax and accounting departments with special projects that may be assigned including research in other areas of tax.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university is required.
- 1 to 2 years of related tax experience and/or training is a plus.
- Solid computer skills especially with various tax software applications and Microsoft Office products.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Collects and researches data;.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solution.
- Positive, flexible, dynamic, open-minded.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.