West Palm Beach, Florida
almost 2 years ago
Job Title : State Tax Project Manager - State Planning & Policy
Location - West Palm Beach, Florida
One of the largest energy companies in the US is currently seeking a State Tax Planning professional. This position will be reporting out of the West Palm Beach, Florida area. The compensation range is dependent on experience, offering between $130,000-$160,000 in annual compensation.
Your responsibilities would be to provide (1) providing state and local income tax advisory/analysis on M&A and development activities, (2) monitoring and advising on state legislation, (3) preparing and/or reviewing ASC 740-10/FIN 48 workpapers, (4) supporting state and local income tax audits, and (5) supporting state income tax compliance function which may include preparation or review of state and local corporate income tax returns.
- Experience in U.S. taxation with a minimum of 5 years specific to state corporate or partnership income tax compliance, advisory, or planning
- Ability to identify process improvements and maintain quality, efficiency, predictability and/or transparency
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing complex state tax returns with minimal supervision
- Understanding of federal and state income taxes as they pertain to corporations and partnerships
- Understanding of state apportionment concepts
- Strong tax research skills and comfort with utilizing tax research tools such as Checkpoint, BNA, or Lexis
- Employees in this position are responsible for one or more of the following: tax research, planning, forecasting, analysis, and defense of tax positions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages tax related projects, including system maintenance and/or development
- Prepares and/or reviews tax returns and corresponding tax work papers and files
- Researches law, regulations, administrative rulings and court cases and presents proposals to lawfully minimize tax liability
- Researches and drafts responses to inquiries from government agencies regarding tax filings, and other claims
- Provides and/or verifies tax assumptions and tax results in project models
- Leads project teams to improve quality, efficiency, predictability and/or transparency
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Master's - Accounting / Finance
- JD/LLM - Master of Laws
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.