State Tax Director
- Manage and review the state tax provision process, including apportionment data, tax rates, state attribute data, state valuation allowances, state modifications, and any other data needed to compute an accurate state ASC 740 and FIN 48 tax accruals, including compliance with SOX requirements
- Manage, review, and ensure the accurate and timely filing of state and local returns which are prepared both internally and externally
- Manage and review the calculation of state estimates and extensions, ensuring all appropriate payments are timely made and accurately reflected in CorpTax Calendar
- Monitor state and local tax laws that impact the company, interpret, and communicate with tax management, and as required implement changes to maintain compliance
- Support and implement strategic planning to meet the company’s tax profile objectives
- Manage in the development of junior tax team members in their technical, technological, and professional career aspirations
- Research, analyze and manage a wide range of income and franchise tax issues and implications; including, nexus considerations, apportionment methodology, and combined filings
- Review reconciliations and analyses of general ledger accounts related to state taxes
- Lead state tax controversy including examinations, audit defense planning, notice responses, and VDA projects
- Leverage technology and other resources to capture efficiencies and technical accuracies
Director Level 7 Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience – In lieu of a degree, minimum of 19 years of prior State Income Tax related experience
Senior Manager Level 6 Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s with 12 years prior experience, Graduate Degree with 10 years prior experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 16 years of prior State Income Tax experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- CPA or Masters in Tax.
- A combination of Big 4 public accounting and corporate experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of state income and franchise tax.
- Exposure to other state and local issues; including, sales and use taxes, gross receipt taxes, property taxes, employment taxes, and/or credits and incentives.
- Possess an understanding of ASC 740 principles, as well as federal tax compliance concepts.
- Experience with compliance and provision automation tools, specifically Hyperion Tax Provision and CorpTax Compliance.
- Familiarity or experience with advanced technology such as Alteryx, Power Pivot/Bi and Tableau.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.