State and Local Tax Manager
- Ensures state and local tax returns are filed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with state and local tax filing requirements in order to keep the Company in good standing.
- Successful defense of state and local income tax audits
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and shift priorities, while ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to identify, understand and communicate issues, including developing process solutions
- Added value for the candidate: would want this role, what it brings, what they will learn, etc.)
- Ability to run the state and local tax function.
- Review and prepare various state single entity, combined and unitary income and franchise tax returns for the firm’s legal entities.
- Analyzes state and local tax accounts and prepares and reviews state tax provision to ensure proper and accurate accounting for financial statements and reporting purposes.
- Responsible for all state and local income and franchise tax audits
- Evaluates state and local tax filing requirements (nexus) when new entities are brought into the Group and also re-evaluates on an annual basis for existing entities and formulates appropriate tax filing positions.
- Researches and implements tax incentives when appropriate to maximize tax savings.
- Stays current with changes in state and local tax legislation by participating in continuing education and evaluates the impact to the Company and implements any necessary changes for compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Advanced degree in Tax and/or CPA preferred.
- At least five (5) years of relevant tax experience in either public accounting or private industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of state corporate tax laws and regulations for tax 1 compliance and planning purposes.
- Accounting, auditing, finance and tax law.
- Working knowledge of SAP software used for financial consolidations and Corptax Software for tax return preparation is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple on-going projects.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.