Snr Indirect Tax Manager-£100k+
Rare opportunity to join a global investment bank with offices North America, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Reporting in to the CFO and the International Tax Director, you will be involved in a range of interesting responsibilities supporting the tax policies and objectives of the group across Europe and additional jurisdictions (including, but not limited to, the UK, France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, Israel and Dubai)
This role will include a healthy mix of compliance/reporting, advisory work, tax projects, process improvement and tax business partnering.
- Managing VAT and indirect tax matters; including review of compliance process, indirect tax calculations, new and existing tax projects as regards VAT and indirect tax considerations, and monitoring the impact of new tax legislation
- Liaising with overseas advisors across EMEA and finance team to ensure timely indirect tax compliance and reporting – support with preparation and / or review of international VAT returns (monthly / quarterly / annual adjustments – as relevant)
- Continuously improvement of compliance processes, increasing automation and efficiency and ensuring the processes continue to move in line with best practice
- Liaising with the business and the legal team to ensure the VAT position in engagement letters result in the best commercial outcome for the business
- Review of Partial Exemption Special Method (PESM), and associated VAT recoverability and input to strategy to minimise irrecoverable VAT where possible
- Awareness of new VAT technical advisory issues, VAT legislative developments, case law, and timely communication to stakeholders as regards potential application to the group
- Making Tax Digital in UK, and also digital reporting in non-UK jurisdictions
- Uncertain tax positions (UTP) review in relation to VAT and indirect taxes
- Experience of drafting and implementing VAT Policies and Procedures
- Review of VAT risks and controls and recommendations for improvement
- Consideration of VAT in conjunction with local transfer pricing requirements
- Responding to ad hoc VAT and indirect tax queries from business lines
- Supporting Tax and Finance team colleagues with international projects and initiatives
- Maintaining good working relationships with tax authorities, and timely responses to any related tax authority VAT and indirect tax queries
- Supporting review of tax risks, controls and implementation of process improvements, in order to be SOX compliant
- UK and European VAT and Indirect tax technical specialist
- ACA/ACCA/CTA/CPA qualification
- 6+ years of experience in tax
- Accustomed to operating at Manager level in an indirect tax compliance-led role
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.