Senior VAT Manager-Fortune 500
Career defining opportunity to join an instantly recognisable household brand name that operates in a number of European countries. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and experienced person to work within the (European) VAT advisory team on current and future VAT strategy, projects and advisory work. This role will project manage the tax collective teams (Direct Tax Advisory, VAT Advisory, Compliance & Controllership, tax technology) and the group teams drive VAT requirements, supporting tech builds and operationalization of VAT centric features and processes.
* Team player with excellent communication skills, ability to work with minimal supervision, with a “can-do” attitude partnering well with people at all levels within the organization
* Core skill set to project manage multiple business initiatives across several teams, with an entrepreneurial spirit
* Capacity to quickly understand and digest complex business arrangements, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrate ownership and initiate/implement change
* Organised and methodical with strong attention to detail/dive-deep mentality
* Practical approach to VAT with a excellent understanding of legislation/technical issues to support with the implementation of legal changes in the relevant jurisdictions
Degree in law/accounting/business/economics, chartered accountant (or equivalent, e.g. CTA) with specialization in European tax or VAT
- Extensive experience in a VAT advisory role/project management in a multinational and/or professional organization
* Cross border European VAT experience
* Good knowledge of supply chain structures is an advantage
* In-house VAT experience, including retail/marketplace is an advantage
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.