A senior tax manager opportunity has become vacant at a global investment bank, based in Canary Wharf. They are looking for someone to join their EMEA Tax business team to provide advice across equity, fixed income, private fund and investment banking lines. Reporting into two of the Tax Directors within their tax function.
This is a heavy advisory role, supporting the EMEA securities business. You will have regular interaction with various stakeholders internally and externally.
- Analysis of cross border activities to ensure withholding taxes, stamp taxes, capital gains, corporate/local taxes are managed across the wider business.
- Work in an advisory capacity with Tax Operations to ensure that appropriate taxes have been collected, and reviewing and signing off responsibility for new products developed by the business units.
- Review documentation and coordinate with other disciplines (Legal, Accounting, Treasury, Regulatory) to ensure tax provisions, structures and policies are implemented appropriately.
- Obtain advice from a network of tax advisers in EMEA region, and making sound business judgements in the management of tax risk.
- Liaising with other tax department members both within the European tax function and in other worldwide locations.
- Assist on various projects with senior members across the business units.
The ideal candidate will either be a qualified chartered tax advisor or tax lawyer coming from an accounting or law firm. You will have strong financial services knowledge. Solid experience in tax advisory, international tax and international cross border transactions. You will need to be technically strong with excellent analytical abilities, in order to liaise and work across other business departments. Familiar with operational tax is desirable but not essential.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone to join a global investment bank and take on a broad range of tax advisory and transactional work for the EMEA regions.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set - please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.