Senior Tax Manager
Our company is currently in search of a Senior Manager, US Tax to join the Finance/Tax resource group in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will join a team responsible for US tax compliance and coordination with related domestic tax matters, as well as continuous improvement to the processes. In addition, the position will also include tax accounting, various special assignments on an as needed basis, including tax research and documentation, tax data management, and compliance with internal controls. The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate and manage the preparation of US income tax returns and other domestic tax filings
- Participate in compiling tax and financial information for decision making and to support the development and implementation of strategic tax initiatives
- Prepare analyses and provide recommendations to Senior leadership regarding US tax matters
- Manage overall US compliance for timely and accurate estimates, extensions, as well as forecasts
- Monitor tax law developments; communicate impact of such changes to management; and design strategic tax initiatives and process updates accordingly
- Support managing IRS and external audits, including preparation of audit responses and maintaining supporting documentation for all tax positions
- Support quarterly and year-end effective tax rate and domestic income tax provision process as well as schedules for use in SEC disclosures
- Ensure proper documentation is maintained for all SOX control functions of the Tax Department
- Manage and mentor members of tax team as they prepare components of the Company’s US income tax return and other domestic tax matters
- Various special assignments as needed, including:
- Assist with international aspects of US tax compliance.
- Engage with the business locations on domestic tax credit opportunities, including research and development tax credits and those available under the Inflation Reduction Act
- Analysis of internal restructurings and external mergers and acquisition activities
- Manage gain/Loss calculations and basis studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years of corporate income tax experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master’s degree in Taxation, or J.D. from an accredited institution
- Prior experience managing and mentoring members of a tax team as they prepare components of the Company’s US income tax return and other domestic tax matters
- High level of willingness to continue self-education
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft and Corptax products
- Familiar with financial reporting software (ERP), ideally Oracle and Smartview
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Detail oriented with an ability to understand and work toward the bigger picture
- A team player that takes pride in not only the individual’s work but the work of the entire group
- Self-confident and motivated, a self-starter that can work independently with minimal supervision
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.