Senior Tax Associate
- Gather data and complete calculations required to prepare U.S. federal or state tax forms related to the assigned team including maintenance of comprehensive tax calendar of filing obligations to ensure filing obligations are timely and accurately met. Also assist in handling related notices and audits by tax authorities.
- Collaborate with outside service providers to complete assigned tax forms in a co-sourcing environment utilizing OneSource tax compliance software.
- Assist with tax planning with respect to internal reorganizations, intercompany financing, distributions/repatriation modeling, etc.
- Research and document positions taken in the tax returns, including preparation of written memoranda.
- Maintain, update and enhance tax workplans and processes for compliance and financial reporting.
- Become proficient and utilize current technology/software solutions, such as Alteryx, Orbitax and others, to create efficiencies in data preparation and analysis.
- Monitor developments in tax law specific to your assigned team and assist in implementing changes required to comply and/or adapt to new laws/requirements.
- Ensure compliance and maintain internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 for the tax compliance and planning processes ensuring no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses.
- Coach, train and mentor junior staff (i.e., interns, Tax Accountants) including review of work product prior to submission in limited circumstances.
- Other duties as assigned.
If assigned to international tax team the following would apply:
- Analyze and model impacts of business transactions on all aspects of U.S. international taxation, including foreign source income and expenses, GILTI, FDII, Subpart F, Section 163(j), foreign tax credits and OECD Pillar Two as required for the income tax provision, tax compliance, and tax planning.
- Identify and report intercompany transactions for country-by-country reporting and mandatory disclosure requirements.
- Coordinate with foreign tax and accounting staff to gather and review foreign entity information utilized in the U.S. tax compliance and reporting.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Designations – CPA is preferred.
- Experience with taxes (3 years required, 5 years preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices and their application.
- Knowledge of pertinent tax laws, codes and regulations
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently, be self-motivated and demonstrate strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong office and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to research and analyze a variety of information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.