Senior Tax Accountant
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepares and reviews Corporate Income Tax Returns for the firm and various other subsidiaries, using tax related software to ensure timely compliance.
- Accounts for income taxes in accordance with FAS 109, including direct participation in the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provision. Also assists in drafting of the tax footnotes for public filings
- Interacts directly with Domestic Finance Directors and Controllers of various subsidiaries to discuss tax matters and various solutions to tax issues. Also travels to locations to meet with the Finance Directors and Controllers of the subsidiaries.
- Prepares and reviews calculation of estimate and extension payments for the company and all domestic subsidiaries to ensure sufficient payment of income taxes in a timely manner.
- Tracks and analyzes global income tax expense and tax related balance sheet accounts within JDE tax accounts to ensure correct items are being booked and balances are correct based on provision and estimate/extension payment analysis.
- Prepares tax expense allocations to ensure Federal and combined state liabilities paid by the firm in combined states are correctly allocated to the various subsidiaries.
- Conducts tax research for domestic taxation using various resources and research tools to ensure proper compliance and planning. Requires proficiency using research tools such as RIA Checkpoint, BNA Portfolios, Internal Revenue Code, as well as being familiar with the Federal Tax Law.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including Worldwide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Minimum three years tax experience in a “Big 4” accounting firm or relevant position in a large corporate environment.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Individual should possess the desire and demonstrate the ability to take on more responsibility. Must be very analytical, detail orientated, and have strong communication skills. Also, must be flexible in projects taken on.
BA in Accounting
MBA, CPA a plus.
Corptax and Onesource Tax Provision experience a plus
2+ days a week.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.