Senior Tax Accountant
Roles And Responsibilities
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provisions and related supporting calculations, including analysis of permanent and temporary book/tax differences, deferred tax balances, uncertain tax positions, valuation allowances, US Tax Reform adjustments, and tax account reconciliations.
- Preparation of US federal, state, local tax returns and review of foreign income tax returns.
- Calculation & execution of US annual extension & quarterly estimated tax payments, including oversight of proper accounting for all the tax accounts.
- Preparation and or review of various US informational returns and reports, including forms 5471, 1042, and state annual reports.
- Assist with management of tax fixed and intangible assets and tax depreciation/amortization analysis. Assist with and coordinate annual US Research Tax Credit study and state tax apportionment data.
- Assist in following and maintaining quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes in connection with tax accounts, producing documentation, and participating in annual walkthroughs and support for testing as required.
- Assist in tax controversy: responding to tax authority notices and audits by researching issues, preparing responses, and gathering and logging data and documentation.
- Assist in the research and documentation of technical tax issues related to tax reporting and compliance.
- Support and maintain tax technology resources used in tax reporting and compliance.
- Participate in special projects as needed including tax planning and tax M&A analysis and review.
- Maintain current tax technical knowledge and keep up to date with tax law changes impacting the company tax affairs.
- Attendance at work is an essential function of the job
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of tax experience in tax provision (ASC 740) and tax compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Masters in Tax or interest in obtaining this degree a plus
- CPA–Certified Public Accountant or an interest in obtaining certification
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Desire to continuously learn and update your tax knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in online tax research tools.
- Interpersonal ability to work well in a team environment.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.