Senior Revenue Accountant
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end close activities including preparation of revenue related journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analyses.
- Assist in the design, scaling, and continued automation of revenue accounting, including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, and contra-revenue.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly revenue financial reporting packages by preparing supporting schedules.
- Prepare and analyze payment processor interchange pricing models and present findings and recommendations related cost savings.
- Manage cross-functional teams (tax, legal, marketing, product, data, etc.) in the development of standard operating procedures as they impact the revenue process and top line results and ensure that all revenue impacting activities are identified and assessed for revenue recognition implications.
- Assist with the global and stat audits by preparing supporting audit workpapers and schedules.
- Assist with new system implementations and integrations by preparing use cases and user testing.
- Assist in the development and implementation of controls over the data used for reporting revenue.
- Track and review revenue-related contracts to ensure revenue implications are documented and in compliance with the company’s revenue policy.
- Assist in ad-hoc analyses and projects for the revenue, accounting and tax teams.
- 2 years’ experience with a Big 4 accounting firm with proven dedication + 2 to 3 years industry experience at a top-tier fintech company is a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, CPA certification is a plus.
- Breadth of experience in US GAAP and ASC 606 revenue recognition guidance.
- Basic experience researching, documenting, and communicating technical accounting matters.
- Expert Excel knowledge is required (record sets >1M rows).
- Experience working with databases and SQL across standard commercial databases or ability to learn is required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment.
- Ability to work meticulously and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills – ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries.
- Enjoy a fast-paced ever-changing environment where contributions make an immediate difference.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.