Senior Manager Global Tax Planning & Projects
We have a current opportunity for a Senior Manager Global Tax Planning & Projects on a permanent basis.
This role reports to the Tax Planning & Risk Management Director and leads the Global Tax Planning and Projects Team. Leads and manages the overall zakat and tax planning, optimization, and implementation of the Strategic Growth and M&A projects (multibillion global growth pipeline). Leads and manages the Global Tax Function engagement with Strategic growth leadership team, M&A, JVAs, SBUs, corporate functions, deal parties and other external stakeholders including relevant government authorities. Stakeholder engagement includes at VPs and GMs level. Provides direction to Central Project Leadership teams and ensures timely communication of growth project risks and opportunities for business decision making during the entire project life cycle (5-10 years) from opportunity development to implementation. Provides leadership and direction to the Global Tax teams and Central Project teams to create and deliver value in growth & strategic projects. Supports in the optimization and management of relationship and engagement internally on all tax matters including planning and pursuing joint tax planning projects and risk management to identify/realize opportunities and proactively manage risks to maximize shareholder value. Lead the progressive development the Global Zakat & Tax Control Framework, Project & Planning Framework and Strategy, including the Policy, Governance Model, Control Framework, Standard Processes, Risk and Performance Analysis. Develop people in the Global Tax Planning & Projects Team to ensure the team continues to build up the required capabilities, knowledge and values to achieve business and personal success.
- 12+ years in international tax – KSA Zakat experience an advantage;
- Extensive experience in the tax function of large multinationals and/or Big 4;
- International global tax experience with detailed working knowledge of at least one tax jurisdiction and general practical understanding of international tax law and guidelines regarding zakat and all taxes to which a large multinational would typically be liable, including corporate taxation, indirect taxes, withholding taxes, payroll taxes, customs, import duties and environmental taxes, etc;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage;
- Expert knowledge of global tax planning & tax risk management;
- Very strong project leadership skills (experienced in leading complex strategic and growth or M&A projects);
- Good knowledge of business processes;
- Knowledgeable with policies, procedures, and best practices in the area of accounting;
- Solid understanding of accounting systems;
- Ability to understand and support organizational climate/culture;
- Change management skills.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.