Our client is looking for Senior Lawyer based in Brisbane or Perth to advise on and manage group
strategic and material litigation, investigations and disputes. The role is also the key legal contact for
the tax function in the area of tax audits, mediation and litigation.
As a key partner to the business, the Senior Lawyer identifies and manages legal risks in a cost
effective manner, including advising senior management on strategic legal issues.
- Manage all stages of large scale litigation, investigations and disputes including a particular focus on corporate taxation
- Provide timely, accurate, independent, strategic, and commercially pragmatic legal advice whilst managing legal and commercial risks
- Be familiar with litigation, alternative dispute resolution methods and legislative and judicial appeals processes
- Tax lawyer likely to be currently at Director or Special Counsel level, qualified to practice in Australia (preferably in QLD or WA)
- Substantial professional experience in a commercially oriented legal environment
- Significant tax litigation experience in material and complex cases including corporate taxation
- Strong commercial and contractual experience in a broad-based commercial environment, including risk identification, analysis and management and litigation management.
- Excellent leadership, management and communication skills
The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.