Senior Indirect Tax Manager – FTSE 50 – £100k
You will be responsible for leading a team, partnering with the business / corporate function / or within the Tax Function to provide either compliance services, tax reporting services or domestic and multi-jurisdictional tax advice (dependent on specialism) and resolving complex issues through management of a team of tax professionals, to help optimise group tax position and effectively handle any potential tax risks.
- Accountable for dealing with indirect tax audits in coordination with other members of bp tax and business stakeholders.
- To work with the Tax Business partnering colleagues, in providing tax advisory services to bp businesses on indirect taxes (mostly VAT) * Accountable for performing root cause analysis relating to issues, errors and disputes and project managing the recommended actions.
- Accountable for the delivery of communications and training to the relevant stakeholders in the business and finance to address recommendations from root cause analysis.
- To work closely with stakeholders especially GBS tax and third-party providers to ensure that best practice in Indirect Tax compliance is understood and properly considered in process changes.
- To collaborate closely with group Innovation & Engineering technology teams to ensure SAP systems and applications are maintained and updated in respect to changes in regulatory requirements.
- To support the UK and Europe Indirect Tax Compliance Manager in the delivery of the periodic returns/reporting and with the implementation of new regulatory requirements.
A degree in Tax, Finance, or Business, or an accounting or tax qualification
Essential Experience And Job Requirements * Requires in-depth knowledge of the Indirect Tax rules across multiple EU countries and, in particular, a strong understanding of how the rules apply to chain transactions for cross border supplies of goods and services.
- Requires experience of UK and EU indirect tax compliance processes and technology.
- Requires a consistent track record of supporting ERP systems, including tax coding activities.
- Requires a strong understanding of risk and appropriate tax control activities.
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables and handle conflicting priorities in accordance with risk environment.
- Strong project management skills;
- Requires an understanding of tax accounting principles, as related to GL reconciliations and clearing; * Displaying a bias for modernisation of processes, including automation where appropriate.
- Experience in Agile Working environments.
- Strong MS Excel skills; with PowerBI highly beneficial.
- Good communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Substantial post PQE working in Indirect Tax Advisory or Compliance in practice or in a large multinational.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.