Senior Indirect Tax Anlyst
- Compute, file, and pay the State Sales and Use Tax, the multiple State motor vehicle, special fuel, and petroleum taxes, and Federal Excise tax; and maintain detailed workpapers supporting the returns. Prepare Informational returns such as Inventory by Retail service stations, Resellers/ Retailers Petroleum product sales, and Prime Supplier Sales. Follow up with government agencies regarding status of filings and tax refunds.
- Monitor the external environment for state and federal tax legislation and applicable tax changes. Research and apply tax legislation and changes to internal processes, filings and related analytics to ensure accuracy. Effectively communicate legislation and changes to appropriate parties and provide ongoing support to the business.
- Prepare accounting schedules and analyze general ledger balances to ensure tax assets and liabilities are accurately stated. Reconcile tax accounts, investigate discrepancies and make recommendations for account resolution. Prepare journal entries, as necessary.
- Maintain tax systems jurisdictions and jurisdictional rates based on current law. Maintain contact information for government agencies.
- Respond in a timely manner to internal and external tax inquiries, including corporate compliance review, financial statement audit, and government agency audits.
- Mentor and work with staff accountant
The Successful Sr. Indirect Tax Accountant will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in accounting or tax role.
- CPA accounting designation preferred
- Ability to improve work processes continuously through trainings
- Hard working and self-motivating
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.