Senior Indirect Tax Analyst – FTSE 50
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the leading in-house indirect tax teams in the UK. Working for this instantly recognisable household brand name, you will be responsible for partnering with the business or within the Tax Function to provide either domestic and multi-jurisdictional VAT advice, VAT compliance support, and to help optimise group tax position and effectively manage any potential tax risks.
- The role necessitates working with a broad network of multidisciplinary experts across group to understand the business transactions with a view to providing commercially informative tax advice as well as the sharing of knowledge, the integration of diverse perspectives and encouraging a speak-up culture.
- The role holder will help to drive modernisation across group tax processes through innovative ways to standard processes, using technology solutions as appropriate
- The role will be required to integrate with the VAT Compliance with a view to meet UK and European Indirect Tax filing obligations
- This role provides a great opportunity to develop more commercial insight into commodities trading and commercial operations, with exposure to a variety of jurisdictions, transaction types and stakeholders
- The Tax Advisor will run their own core portfolio on a day to day basis reporting to the Senior Tax Manager (Direct and Indirect Tax), to enable the management of the team’s overall priorities by communicating risk areas and progress on projects
The role is to provide timely, accurate indirect tax support to the group business acting in the following capacity:
- Support the tax team in the identification, design, development and implementation of tax planning opportunities
- Seek or coordinate advice from/ with tax service providers or the global tax network in the countries where group is operating either currently or in the future
- Support the indirect tax team with the successful operation of the Indirect Tax Compliance Framework
- Track and performance manage indirect tax risks
- Oversight of indirect tax compliance activities
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.