Senior Indirect Tax Analyst
- Interact with state or local auditors in managing sales tax audits; provide auditors with an explanation of the firm’s overall operations and compliance process, obtain and provide requested audit documentation, perform taxability research, and review audit workpapers.
- Work directly with our 3rd party compliance partner to resolve sales tax related issues, including, but not limited to notices and business registrations.
- Research tax law to analyze and recommend application to our operations.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective actions based on compliance review, research, and audit results.
- Provide guidance to other corporate departments, including accounting, legal, and field operations on tax related issues.
- Understand and maintain sales tax technology and data systems, including Vertex and various internal systems.
- Review personal property tax filings prepared by 3rd party compliance partner.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, and other accounting functions.
- Lead and execute various projects.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- College degree plus 5+ years of experience in a sales tax area with at least 2 years of audit experience is preferred.
- Possess excellent organization and problem-solving skills and the ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks bringing projects to completion.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and must be capable of working under pressure with a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to perform basic tax law research and understand general taxability concepts – experience with BNA or Avalara, a plus.
- Ability to make strong judgment decisions and work with a high level of integrity.
- Strong understanding of various sales tax systems (i.e., Vertex, Avalara) or keen ability to quickly learn new systems supporting sales tax compliance data.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.