Senior Indirect Tax Accountant
- Preparation of Sales Tax workpapers for entities for submission to 3rd party preparer, including GL reconciliation, adjusting entries etc.
- Acquiring and maintaining sales tax exemption certificates.
- Preparation of regulatory workpapers for submission to 3rd party preparer.
- Preparation of other Indirect Tax Returns such as Property, Rent & Occupancy, Business Licenses, Annual reports etc.
- Preparation and filing of GST/HST/PST Canadian Tax return for the firm’s Canadian entities.
- Preparation and processing of tax payments.
- Ability to efficiently manage a tax calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Assists the Senior tax manager to maintain regulatory compliance and procedures to ensure indirect taxes are filed and paid timely and accurately.
- Assisting in indirect related tax audits.
- Working with 3rd party providers and government entities with issues relating to non- income tax issues.
- Working with the firm’s business units with resolving non income tax related issues.
- Various special projects as needed.
- Degree – in accounting or related Business.
- 3+ years’ experience in Sales and Use and other Indirect Taxes.
- Strong analytical, organizational and research skills
- Excellent communication skills in working with team members and third-party providers
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.)
- Familiarity with Oracle, Vertex Cloud, CCH Research software a plus
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.