Senior Income Tax Analyst
Coordinates the calendar and deliverables for the US tax provision process. Assists the Senior Tax Manager with the preparation and review of workpapers, journal entries and reconciliation of provision-related accounts, assuming greater ownership and accountability over time.
Responsible for the timely filing of tax returns, extensions and payments for income, franchise, and gross receipts taxes. Assists the Senior Tax Manager with the accurate preparation and review of workpapers and returns, assuming greater ownership and accountability over time.
Prepares and reviews book-to-tax difference computations on the provision and return; maintains and documents deferred tax tie-outs.
Performs tax research to support compliance and planning using a variety of sources; explains findings concisely and accurately to Senior Tax Manager, accounting, and Finance Business Partners.
Answers questions expediently, accurately, and with a positive attitude from internal and external parties.
Remains current on tax legislation. Identifies, calculates, and presents impact of legislation to the Company.
Assists with audit and notice resolution.
Contributes to an environment of continuous improvement and collaboration.
Assists and supports other team members with routine tax work and with ad hoc tax projects, which may be related to indirect taxation.
Other duties as assigned.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Master’s degree in Tax and CPA preferred.
Job Specific Technical Requirements
- 3+ years of income tax experience, preferably in a multinational or large U.S.-based publicly traded company and/or large public accounting firm, in both compliance and provision
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excel experience with referencing and linking necessary. Ability to identify opportunities to automate and increase efficiency in workpaper presentation.
- Comfortable researching complex issues and interpreting tax legislation.
- Exceptionally organized and thorough
- Experience using Thomson Reuters OneSource Tax Software preferred
- SAP experience a plus
- Indirect tax knowledge a plus
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.