About the Company
A FTSE 100 Retailer based in the West End, our client, is looking to appoint a Senior Finance Manager with an emphasis on Technical Accounting within the Group Reporting team.
- supporting the Head of Finance Group reporting by providing expert accounting advice across the group, including advising on and driving the accounting treatment for key strategic programmes, corporate transactions (e.g. property transactions, joint ventures)
- assisting in the establishing, implementing and continuous improvement of financial policies across the group
- accountability for interaction with the auditors on key technical matters, as well as preparation of key papers accounting papers which may feed in to wider Audit Committee and Board level papers
- assistance with providing technical support and review for specific Group level accounting topics - e.g. treasury/FX accounting, pensions, share schemes, and intangible impairment reviews
- taking primary responsibility for ad hoc accounting projects within Group reporting as they arise, this includes providing the wider business unit finance teams with technical accounting support.
Skills & Experience required
- Qualified Accountant - Big 4 trained
- Minimum 6 years post qualified experience
- Very strong IFRS knowledge
- Experience of providing technical accounting advice to large UK listed companies
- Retail experience (within audit or industry) preferred
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.