£120000 - £150000 per annum
13 days ago
About Tax Advisory:
Our Client provides corporate tax advisory services to FTSE 100 and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. They are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising their clients. Their senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and also includes valuations and technology experts and economists.
About the Role:
The Corporate Finance Practice is seeking a Director / Senior Director to support the senior team in providing indirect tax input into transaction advisory and due diligence projects.
The tax team is involved in many transaction and due diligence projects which are generated from a variety of sources including the tax client base, part of wider projects within Transaction Services and Restructuring teams, referrals from our international network, WTS Global and referrals from other international parts of the firm. The role is to lead and/or support the indirect tax Managing Director on the indirect tax aspects of these projects, day to day liaison on the transaction process, identifying potential exposures and opportunities and drafting the indirect tax parts of reports.
You must have experience of advising on transactions and undertaking due diligences projects, be highly organised, have a good attention to detail and be able work to deadlines. Due to the large volume of real estate transactions that the tax team are involved in, experience of VAT issues involving land and property will be an advantage. However, the transactions that they are involved in can cover any industry, so a good general knowledge of VAT will be essential.
You are likely to currently be part of a transaction services team at a Big 4 or equivalent, providing VAT support, but any candidate with the requisite transaction and VAT experience will be considered.
- Leading or supporting the indirect tax Managing Director with indirect tax advice on transactions and due diligence exercises;
- Liaising with other members of the tax team and Transaction Services and Restructuring teams as required;
- Delegating work to and managing the junior members of the indirect tax team
- Managing compliance obligations for clients arising from transactions (e.g. VAT registration applications and option to tax notifications)
- Looking for opportunities to provide post-transaction advice and support to clients
- Assisting the senior team with other specific VAT engagements and advisory projects as required
- Actively keeping up to date on technical matters and dealing with detailed technical queries raised, coordinating the preparation of practical, robustly supported advice
- Undertaking training both for clients and internally as required
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (2.1) or equivalent
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of VAT with a focus on transactions from either an in-house or practice role
- A good indirect tax technical knowledge (real estate experience would be an advantage but not critical)
- An ability to communicate (verbal and written) complex technical issues in a straightforward and practical way to tax and non-tax specialists
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Outgoing and personable and able to integrate with a team and interact with colleagues of all grades
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload under pressure
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and come to decisions independently whilst being supported by the senior team
- Demonstrable skills at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues within and outside the VAT and tax teams
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.