£65000 - £75000 per annum
12 months ago
A rare Customs opportunity has become available for an instantly recognisable household brand name.
- Provide Customs expertise and perform governance function for UK operations
- Ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business
- Advise the UK business and generate plans to mitigate the risks and take opportunities from Brexit and other legislative changes arising thereon
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Provide legal expertise for Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Production planning, Purchasing, Business Modelling, Sales, Marketing, Finance at entities in the UK
- Provide legal expertise and consulting with regard to all Foreign Trade issues related to UK
- Identify and manage risks by setting up audit teams, conducting lessons learned process together with the development and implementation of relevant internal controls
- Compliance monitoring and testing of legally required regulations and where required, issuing binding rules for sensitive topics like customs valuation, customs procedures, export control, etc. within regional governance function
- Ensure that FT related work complies with the overarching UK Group Tax strategy
- Influence all stakeholders to deliver operational requirements and support Supply chain continuous improvement
Qualifications/ Knowledge/ Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience of specialising in customs, in-depth knowledge of customs regulations and legal framework.
- Minimum 5 years profound knowledge of customs law, foreign trade law and international trade agreements. Experience in systematic risk management and in the application and implementation of free trade agreements, customs simplifications, duty advantages.
Driving license is needed.
- Material experience of managing relationships with Tax Authorities and a deep understanding of HMRC requirements.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.