Senior Cost Analyst
Responsibilities: As a Senior Cost Analyst, you will play a central role in operational rate development, cost planning, analysis, and month-end reporting at the Richburg, SC facility. Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as the accounting/finance leader to facilitate decision-making processes and drive month-end close.
- Contributing to process improvement initiatives and engaging in project-based work.
- Being the primary point of contact for financial information or analysis at the facility.
- Monitoring inventory batches and ensuring accurate accounting treatment throughout the manufacturing process.
- Collaborating in the annual planning process for variable and fixed costs, as well as departmental expense budgets.
- Participating in month-end closing activities.
- Leading the annual physical inventory count and supporting the cycle count program.
- Collaborating with plant finance teams to understand and mitigate cost variances.
- Generating monthly financial reports and analytics for review with operations.
- Partnering with operations to analyze, track, and report on cost-saving initiatives.
- Calculating ROI and financial impacts for capital projects and major maintenance.
- Conducting periodic evaluations of labor and overhead rates.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting/cost experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Previous experience with inventory transactions.
- Accounting experience in a multi-location, midsize to large company.
- Background in process manufacturing with a solid understanding of inventory transactions.
- ERP experience in a manufacturing setting (experience with major systems is a plus).
- SQL experience.
- Previous project management experience.
- Self-directed with the ability to lead and communicate across multiple functions and organizational levels.
- Ability to explain finance/accounting concepts in layman’s terms to non-financial managers.
- Embraces and drives change.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of inventory reserves.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.