The Senior Auditor is responsible for performing work and delegating work to others on basic and more complex audit procedures. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of increasingly complex accounting and auditing concepts while assisting in the development of staff’s knowledge of the auditing procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Perform substantive procedures and prepare working papers in moderately complex, judgmental, and/or specialized areas, to fulfill the annual work plan of the Audit Services department.
- Assist in and perform gap analysis and audits for newly acquired facilities.
- Remain current regarding general business and economic developments and apply understanding to identify areas of audit significance. Inform others as necessary.
- Communicate facility processes, procedures, and any deficiencies or findings, relating to control testing.
- Assist in directing the daily progress of fieldwork by informing Audit Manager or Director of engagement status and challenging current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in the development of specific engagement plans, including the preparation and/or modification of detailed programs for tests of controls and auditing procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position primarily serves internal co-workers
- Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Exhibit an understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, and state regulatory environments as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of auditing experience OR 3 years of accounting experience with a preferred 1.5 years of auditing; Healthcare environment preferred.
Certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.