SEC Reporting Manager
Company is looking for an SEC Reporting Manager for our growing Finance team. This newly created position will be an integral part of the external reporting process and will help to enhance, implement, and fully manage our quarterly reporting processes. The ideal candidate will be a CPA with experience in public company SEC reporting in the real estate industry. The position will have significant exposure within the organization. This position will report to the Chief Accounting Officer (“CAO”).
- Partner with the CAO and Operational Controller to manage public company accounting and reporting requirements
- Responsible for the production and timely filing of the consolidated annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations (Form 10-Q and Form 10-K). This includes the coordination and preparation of all footnote disclosures as well as management’s discussion and analysis. This also includes the application of XBRL to the consolidated financial statements as required by the SEC.
- Preparation of US GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with external financial statement and disclosure requirements
- Participates in the interpretation and analysis of new pronouncements, standards or guidance made by the FASB, SEC or other authoritative bodies that have jurisdiction over the Company to assess the financial statement impact and the implementation of accounting-related changes to ensure compliance
- Research and prepare technical accounting memos as needed for new acquisitions and/or accounting positions taken
- Manage and support requests from Capital Group and Investor Relations teams
- Assist auditors with quarterly reviews and year-end audit testing
- Assist in the execution of the internal controls review process and ensure proper documentation is in place
- Initiate and support the broader accounting team with process and reporting efficiencies through automation and simplification initiatives
- Performs other ad hoc projects as needed
- Ability to work in a demanding environment within designated deadlines
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance is required
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 firm, including a CPA designation is preferred
- At least seven years of progressive accounting experience, including at least three years of SEC reporting
- Strong accounting background with a solid knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC financial reporting standards
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and communication skills will be essential to this role
- Experience working with and managing external auditors
- Proficient in the application of US GAAP standards and accounting principles relating to the real estate industry
- Self-starter with proven ability to multi-task
Authorization to work in the U.S.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.