Regional Finance Manager
The Regional Finance Manager will manage a team of up to 4 Senior/Staff accountants which are responsible for performing full-cycle accounting for 7 to 9 facilities.
- Applies broad financial knowledge to complex issues/projects at a cross-departmental level.
- Manages the planning and direction of Regional Team activities including day-to-day administration of assignments.
- Mentors, motivates, performance manages, makes employment and compensation decisions related to staff.
- Ability to source, select, develop, promote, and retain top financial talent.
- Establishes effective procedures to monitor results and adherence to internal controls for assigned facilities and assigned facilities of staff members.
- Facilitate the completion of monthly close procedures, including roll forwards and reconciliations.
- Oversee and prepare / distribute monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages.
- Provide quarterly budget-to-actual comparisons to department heads.
- Collect support and interact with external auditors on complex issues.
- Actively participate/manage the yearly budgeting process, providing guidance to staff and their facilities as need.
Performing tasks of manager assigned facilities (typically 1-3 center equivalents) including but not limited to:
- Record all of the month-end journal entries for assigned facilities.
- Perform financial statement variance analysis to ensure the facility-level financial statements are properly stated.
- Act as a resource for facility contacts, internal departments, as well as USPI management, to assist in providing/explaining financial statement information.
- Perform monthly/quarterly cash flow analysis to support distribution calculations.
- Perform facility valuations.
- Perform all month-end balance sheet reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) for the facilities in which they are assigned.
- Provide supporting documentation to internal and external auditors.
- Assist with special projects and various ad-hoc requests from customers (Administrators, RVPs, MPs, etc.).
- BS in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 6-8 years of significant professional finance experience with two years of supervisory experience.
- CPA and/or MBA recommended.
- In addition, a successful candidate:
- Takes ownership and pride in his/her work and enjoys learning new things,
- Possesses impeccable verbal and written communication skills,
- Is proficient in Excel, Oracle GL experience a plus (but not a requirement),
- Has the capacity to work within tight deadlines, and
- Works well both independently and within a team environment.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.