Property Tax Manager
- Execute and manage the North American property tax compliance process. Complete or ensure completion of property tax returns and other required filings in a timely fashion. Ensure that all property tax payments are made on time.
- Identify, prioritize, and challenge those properties viewed as being overvalued and reach agreement on an acceptable range of value and tax liability with governmental authorities.
- Execute and manage all property tax audits with a view toward reaching an acceptable settlement position.
- Support new capital and M&A projects by providing timely and accurate property tax estimates to forecast project costs.
- Support new capital projects by identifying and acquiring property tax incentives.
- Support accurate accrual of property tax on the financial statements.
- Support rebilling of property taxes to customers when allowed by contract.
- Manage and develop individuals in the property tax team to foster a thorough succession plan.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, negotiation, communication, and process management skills.
- 5 years’ experience with property tax compliance, audit and appeal.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the Company’s assets and businesses.
- Understanding, or ability to develop an understanding, of property tax principles including valuation principles and basic financial analysis.
- Ability to review and understand property tax laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in PTMS is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in finance, business, accounting, economics, or engineering.
- Infrequent domestic travel is required, primarily in the U.S. gulf coast region.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.