Private Wealth Tax Director
Our client’s Private Wealth team is renowned for its ability to assist global entrepreneurs, affluent individuals, and their families in achieving success. They collaborate seamlessly with the wider firm’s service offerings and sector expertise both in the UK and internationally. From addressing evolving business needs to navigating changes in legislation, our Tax team thrives on fresh challenges. They equip their people with the technical and commercial skills they need to excel, fostering fulfilling careers that contribute to the growth of a sustainably profitable business.
The Private Capital team, within the Private Wealth division, is the market leader in advising individuals and their families who manage their wealth through complex and sophisticated investment structures. They work with private equity executives, hedge fund managers, as well as partners and principals in various investment structures and family offices.
As a Private Wealth Tax Director, you will be a Private Client Tax expert and play a pivotal role in supporting Partners with client portfolio management while contributing to the growth of the Private Capital advisory business. You will act as the client relationship point of contact for significant Private Equity and related clients. Your responsibilities will include undertaking Strategic Reviews for key clients, and you will be expected to be an influencer at the Board level. Additionally, you will actively participate in business development, networking, and collaboration with the wider sector group and professional contacts to win new clients.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients with complex advisory and reporting requirements.
- Take responsibility for tax planning and complex tax issues, focusing on Private Equity investments in alternative asset classes.
- Advise on ad hoc projects and be recognised as an expert in areas of Private Client Tax.
- Profitably manage a portfolio of complex clients.
- Ensure adherence to the firm’s quality control procedures on client matters.
- Contribute to the commercial management of clients, including budgeting and workflow monitoring.
- Support your peers from a technical perspective and mentor the next generation of advisers.
- Identify risks, technical matters, and opportunities for the Partner, and take appropriate action.
Sales and Marketing:
- Develop, execute, and manage account development for your client portfolio.
- Contribute to the tax group’s sales and marketing activities, particularly in the Private Equity market.
- Oversee resource planning and allocation for your portfolio.
- Provide training and development for staff, including promotion recommendations.
- Counsel, appraise, develop, and motivate staff as needed.
Communication and Representation:
- Liaise with Tax Authorities.
- Facilitate efficient collaboration between clients and their other advisers.
- Act as a liaison between the client and other service lines and tax specialists within the firm.
- Serve as a role model for the firm, both externally and internally.
- Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant aspects of Private Client taxation.
- Acknowledged as an expert in your specialist field, capable of handling complex tax issues.
- Educated to degree level; and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent.
- Demonstrable appropriate post-qualified experience.
Join this dynamic team as a Private Wealth Tax Director and be part of a collaborative, forward-thinking environment where your expertise and contributions are highly valued.
Please apply to Sally McIntyre-Brown on 0207 332 2452 or on email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.