£150000 - £200000 per annum
13 days ago
About Tax Advisory:
Our Client provide business taxes advisory services to FTSE 100, international funds and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. They are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Their senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and the team also includes valuations and technology experts and economists.
About the Role:
Our Client's tax practice was originally formed from a capital allowances advisory practice, and retains at is core group a number of the most experienced and well-known names in this field, who provide their services to household names.
The Corporate Finance Practice, of which the tax team is a core business function, is seeking a Managing Director to take a leadership role in further expanding the Tax Depreciation practice and building on the foundations in place, to further cement its place as a leading alternative to the Big 4 and boutique capital allowances practices.
As a senior member of the tax team, there will be a significant amount of autonomy given in seeking out opportunities, developing client relationships, evolving the practice and leading the projects. However, you will be fully supported by the senior members of the tax team and the other junior members of the team. You will need to have the drive to succeed in an entrepreneurial practice and both the technical and client relationship skills to continue the progress the capital allowances practice has made in recent years.
- Building on relationships within the tax group to win new capital allowances projects
- Developing new client relationships and opportunities
- Leading on delivery of capital allowances projects
- Supporting the other members of the capital allowances team
- Evolving best practice tools and templates to increase efficiency - working with our tax technology specialists where required
- Integrating with the tax real estate group and support on project/transaction works as required
- Promoting the capital allowances practice through thought leadership and marketing
- Actively keeping up to date on technical matters and dealing with detailed technical queries raised, coordinating the preparation of practical, robustly supported advice
- Undertaking training both for clients and internally as required
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrable background in building and leading a capital allowances team either within a Big 4 or other similar practice
- An excellent tax depreciation technical knowledge
- An ability to communicate (verbal and written) complex technical issues in a straightforward and practical way to tax and non-tax specialists
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Outgoing and personable and able to integrate with a team and interact with colleagues of all grades
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload under pressure
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.