Manager, Financial Reporting
Scope and Responsibilities
- Manage the month-end close process ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data, including cross validation with different sources of information (i.e. ERPs vs consolidation tool);
- Ensure compliance with current accounting practices, corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements;
- Maintains the control environment to identify, analyze, validate and report fluctuations and variances;
- Responsible for the recording of divisional level Journal Entries for JVs, acquisitions Purchase Price Allocations, and other recurring entries including performing and maintaining account reconciliations;
- Owns the consolidation process for the three operating segments, ensuring eliminating Intercompany activities and profits; validating of key accounts (e.g. CTA, Equity accounts, Retained Earnings rolls);
- Supports the sites in reporting/loading financial and non-financial information, including updating to GL-to-consolidation tool COA translation; providing training on accounting and non-accounting activities (i.e. consolidation tool and other systems).
- Produce division analytics for internal and external (auditors) customers;
- Generate proactive business and financial analysis, identify important trends and perform detailed variance analysis to assist the division in achieving its objectives.
- Maintains the control environment to ensure compliance with SOX requirements, including but not limited to maintaining close check logs; obtaining supporting documentation; reviewing or obtaining (depending on the case) approval to transactions and activities;
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting processes;
- Liaison between corporate and sites in the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements;
- Supports finance (VPs of Finance) and non-finance divisional (e.g. Presidents, direct reports) and other executives (e.g. CAO, Dir. Ext. Reporting, Director of Corporate FP&A, VP Taxes, Director of Investors Relations, etc.);
- Key player in analysis complex transactions, including integration of new ventures;
- Improve (incl. accelerating) the close cycle without jeopardizing quality of product
- Shift focus from mechanics to analysis, resulting in enhanced analytics
- Develop and implement tools to manage/analyze by exception
- Develop the team
- Cross train and back up all positions and activities
- Accounting degree required; CPA preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience, including accounting, reporting, SOX and some level of consolidation finance process
- People manager 3+ years
- Industrial manufacturing experience
- Must be a proactive individual capable of monitoring the execution of the process, submission/reception of data, the execution of controls, and making the necessary changes to upgrade systems and policies and procedures.
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional leadership, management, communication, teamwork, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience w/ SAP-BPC (or Hyperion)
- Ability to travel
- Strong analytical skills
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.