M&A Tax Manager
As a Tax Manager specializing in Mergers and Acquisitions, you will play a crucial role in navigating our company through complex tax planning, compliance, and strategic execution during mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions. Your expertise gained from your experience in Big 4 or large regional public accounting firms will be vital in optimizing tax efficiencies and ensuring compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Develop and execute comprehensive tax strategies for the company’s involvement in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures to minimize tax liabilities and maximize financial benefits.
- Apply your comprehensive understanding of U.S. Corporate tax law regulations and implications to all M&A transactions.
- Manage requests for information between the Company and external advisors.
- Effectively model the impact of M&A transactions as it relates to Federal and State taxable income, treasury goals, and legislative changes.
- Provide tax consulting and planning related to proposed transactions for unusual tax risks and/or undetermined tax benefits.
- Oversee the preparation and review of tax returns and documentation related to M&A transactions, ensuring compliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Review required documentation post-transaction related to incorporation of acquisitions into group structure.
- Assess tax risks identified in the due diligence process and identify ways to remediate these risks.
- Assist with reorganizations, mergers, and tax modeling to identify optimal tax structuring.
- Stay current with changes in tax laws and regulations, assess their impact on the company, and provide strategic recommendations accordingly.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 6-10 years Corporate Tax experience.
- Experience out of Big 4 or large regional tax firm, with a focus on M&A transactions.
- Accounting for income tax experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field (Master’s degree and CPA preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations, particularly in the context of M&A.
- Organized, detail-oriented, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate, on every level, that you are a purpose-led and values-driven leader.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple transactions simultaneously while working with internal & external M&A colleagues.
- Proficiency in tax software and Microsoft Office Suite.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.