Belfast, County Antrim
5 days ago
This leading global law firm has operations in over 30 countries around the world. Operating at the forefront of the legal industry, with deals and cases that often make headline business news. This firm has a track record of delivering an exceptional standard of work for their varied global clients.
This is an in-house tax role to support this leading firm in the management of the global tax affairs. The International Tax Team is responsible for oversight of the firm's tax risk and policies and global tax compliance. Working closely with all members of the business, you will benefit from a varied role in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Your key relationships will include key relationships the firms Partners, overseas CFOs and external tax advisers among others. This is an excellent opportunity for someone commercial who wants to move in-house for the first time, or someone who wants to benefit from a high performing, technically excellent tax team.
Role and Responsibilities;
- Tax compliance support including managing advisors and A&O teams to support local CFOs with tax filings for the firm and its partners
- Year-end work to produce non-UK tax reserve calculations, tax equalisation calculations and tax related fiscal accounts notes.
- Reconciliation and release of partners' non-UK tax reserves.
- Reviewing ad hoc tax filings in non A&O territories (e.g. India) and advising on potential exposures elsewhere.
- Management of withholding tax exposure for the firm, both in relation to client transactions and interoffice balance settlement.
- Tax advice in relation to mobility issues including individuals working overseas during the COVID 19 pandemic (e.g. personal tax issues for partners and permanent establishment risks).
- Other ad-hoc tax advisory work as required.
- Management of work of junior team members in London and Belfast.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex tax and accounting issues both orally and in writing to non specialists
- An eye for detail
- Broad knowledge of international tax issues affecting professional partnerships
- Accounting qualification
- Tax qualification (e.g. ADIT or CTA) desirable
- Personal or Corporate Tax Experience to Senior Manager level
For a confidential discussion please contact Rebecca Sheehan at Brewer Morris, RebeccaSheehan@brewermorris.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.