£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus & benefits
about 1 month ago
I am working on an exclusive basis with a Global Private Equity Fund on a search for an International Tax Manager based in London. This role reports into the European Head of Tax, who has responsibility for leading the group's European tax matters, this includes advising on investments across the European funds, maintaining a robust tax controls environment and ensuring the group is compliant with statutory tax requirements.
The successful candidate will be expected to identify and manage tax compliance matters for the funds and advisory group, they should be able to work independently, think strategically and be able to manage multiple concurrent projects. The individual will also support the Head of Tax on transactions as well as ad-hoc tax projects that arise.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing corporate tax related matters for the advisory group and European Funds
- Oversight / review of outsourced compliance and reporting including
- Fund tax compliance
- Partnership and Corporate tax filings for the advisory group in the UK as well as overseas
- Investor reporting for UK and European investors
- Managing the relationship with external advisors with respect to the above and relationships with tax authorities in multiple jurisdictions
- Managing the global transfer pricing policy
- Management of Group Tax risk
- Involvement on the group can improve tax operational effectiveness and consistency through process, technology etc,.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant areas of tax law and practice.
- Advising on fund of fund transactions and assisting with ad hoc questions.
- Support the Head of Tax with Investment and Fund Tax Structuring and M&A transactions across Europe
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified ACA or CTA, currently at manager level in a big 4 firm or a similar position in another Private Equity firm.
- Previous experience of the Private Equity industry and current tax issues is extremely advantageous.
- Previous experience of fund and corporate tax compliance required.
- Experience in the review, implementation and documentation of transfer pricing arrangements advantageous
- International outlook, with operational understanding of fund and investment holding structures.
- Can do pro-active approach with ability to manage multiple tax workstreams in a demanding environment and can act on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, ability to explain complex tax issues to the business in simple terms
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels across the organisation.
- Professionalism, integrity and a strong work ethic with dedication to the position and the firm.
- Help build and maintain a reputable, trusted and respected tax team, by establishing credibility with business units and being visible, responsive and co-operative across the business
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.