€60000 - €80000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits
over 1 year ago
Our client, a leading NYSE listed technology firm is looking to appoint an international tax manager to join their EMEA function. The successful candidate must have a broad European technical background (France and Spain are of particular interest) and must also have some level of experience with the following language skills, English, Spanish and French (fluency is not a prerequisite). The role can be based in either Madrid or Amsterdam.
The successful candidate must:
- apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues.
- frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods.
- work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- lead and/or provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- frequently represent the organization to external customers/clients.
- exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- prepares and files monthly, quarterly, and year-end income tax returns, including gathering, analyzing, and compiling income tax data.
- drives complex tax planning activities and research including estimated tax forecasts and other projects that involve a high degree of complexity.
- drives tax research and documents.
- analyzes information and assists with planning opportunities to minimize tax liabilities.
- responds to notices from various tax authorities.
- responsible for collecting information and analyzing compliance requirements
- basic understanding in Transfer pricing
Ideal candidates will have:
- 6+ years of related experience in international tax, including transfer pricing.
- English, Spanish and French language skills
- knowledge of tax accounting
- knowledge of income tax laws as they relate to corporations
- excellent communication, leadership, and influence skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- strong financial and business acumen
- strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.