£500 - £600 per day
over 1 year ago
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Tax Manager to join this rapidly growing travel company (ranked in the top 100 of the Sunday Times Fast Track 100). Following recent investment from private equity, the company is expanding to reach customers in new source markets including the US. To support this growth, there is an interim requirement for an in-house tax specialist to work alongside the external tax advisory team from the Big Four and support the CFO and FC.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage project of state by state analysis of US Sales tax including hotel occupancy, transient accommodations or similar;
- Understand the sales tax reporting requirements within each locality / state and manage the reporting around sales taxes to the relevant authorities / hotel, and, where appropriate, remittance of any sales taxes due.
- Liaise with external tax advisors and input into and review external US sales tax advice for the various jurisdictions;
- Work with stakeholders across the business to implement the necessary operational requirements to ensure correct sales tax accounting and documentation;
- Manage key state sales tax filings.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- US Sales taxes, particularly around hotel occupancy at state and locality levels
- Professional tax qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to draw out and key themes from large amounts of information and summarise coherently;
- Organised and task focused in order to meet strict deadlines
- Methodical individual with a good attention to detail
- Ability to manage priorities effectively with commercial acumen
- Supporting the business with other US taxes, and International and UK taxes, where applicable.
This role is ideally looking for someone to start immediately or at short notice and the initial contract will be for 6 months.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.