International Indirect Tax Manager
What We’re Looking For
This is a stand-alone indirect tax role, reporting into the Director of Finance. This role will be responsible for preparing and analyzing the financial information necessary to support our international tax filings, advising the business on indirect tax developments and best practices, and will collaborate with the Finance Director and other business stakeholders on all global indirect tax matters.
What You’ll Accomplish
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual tax information to support Discogs’ global indirect tax filing obligations (VAT, GST, Sales and Use Tax, JCT etc).
- Work with external tax advisors, technology partners, and internal product and engineering teams to establish and maintain appropriate systems and processes to ensure accurate, timely global tax compliance.
- Lead and advise on tax projects related to law changes, third-party tax service integrations, and the automation of tax reporting.
- Coach and mentor internal accounting staff in understanding and accurately recording tax liabilities and payments.
- Support Finance Director on ad-hoc tax-related projects.
- This role is predominantly focused on indirect tax, but the ideal candidate would also be willing and able to take responsibility for some CIT and other tax related tasks.
What You’ll Contribute
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 10+ years progressively responsible experience in accounting or tax roles, with at least 3 to 5 years indirect tax experience ideally gained in an online marketplace, retailer, or technology company.
- Working knowledge of global indirect tax laws, compliance, and technology best practices.
- Understanding of global indirect tax trends impacting online marketplace facilitators such as Sales Tax Nexus, EU VAT in the Digital Age reforms, DAC 7, e-invoicing etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with large data sets to produce accurate analysis and workpapers that are clearly presented and auditable.
- Experience dealing with tax authorities including tax inspections and audits.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting/financial/tax software and analysis tools.
- Professional tax or accounting qualification is an advantage (CPA, ACA, CTA or equivalent).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.