ONLY SAUDI NATIONALS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
The Internal Control Specialist will support process owners and the senior management for establishing and maintaining a reliable control environment. The Internal Control Specialist will work closely with the Head of Internal Control, Group and Regional teams, assigned business units and process owners to identify internal control deficiencies, recommends improvements, helps to develop adequate action plans and follows up their implementation.
This position will require you to have a strong big picture focus, without losing sight of the details to ensure you fully understand the challenges, risks and processes to develop the internal controls. Input to the internal control and audit policies and procedures are highly valued and contribute to the success of the department.
- Work with the Head of Internal Control to provide active support to process owners /departments for the formalization, design and development of local procedures and ensure that actual processes and controls are adequately described in local procedures.
- Ensure that local procedures are formalized, updated and in line with the Group policies, standards and guidance and verify that local procedures are adequately approved and communicated.
- Support the departments for training employees on policies and procedures and develop targeted actions to increase internal awareness.
- Work with the Head of Internal Control to implement a Control Framework in line with Group Internal Control Manual in all sites, entities & activities.
- Act as one of the key point of contact for the Internal Audit before, during and after internal audit reviews and participate in internal audit opening and closing meetings.
- Ensure a timely and detailed follow-up of the implementation of internal audit recommendations.
- Support external auditors' activities related to internal control and facilitate exchange of information.
- Establish, formalize and lead a local risk assessment from initial risk assessment to action plan follow-up. Based on the risks identified, define and implement a yearly testing program.
- Debrief identified issues with Head of Internal Control, process owners and recommend improvements / process changes, and formalize them in an adequate support. Communicate results and report progress/delays to management.
- Support management in defining and implementing practical action plans to address deficiencies identified.
- Recognised degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business or related disciplines
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, CPA, ACCA) and/or Masters Degree in related field
- CIA and/or CISA qualifications an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years work experience gained in a large audit and /or consulting firm, or a leading commercial organization of which a majority should be in internal audit
- Ambitious, mature and business-minded with strong leadership and high ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, analytical ability and presentation skills
- Ability to manage right deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Ability to write reports independently with the highest standard of English.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.