£65000 - £75000 per annum
4 months ago
In this varied & exciting role, you will be responsible for all indirect tax matters relating to the UK business for an instantly recognisable group. You will be managing compliance and reporting. You will work with the Head of Tax and Senior Director for Global Indirect Taxes to develop and deliver a proactive, comprehensive and digitally enabled tax compliance strategy for the UK, ensuring full tax compliance for the UK tax group for all indirect taxes.
- Timely and accurate preparation of month end VAT reporting and returns, and management of all associated compliance including payments of
- Working as a value add business partner on projects
- Assisting with the provision of VAT guidance & training to internal stakeholders
- Working closely with relevant Finance teams, including Accounts Payable and Billing teams, to ensure processes and systems are efficient and accurate.
- Continuously maintain and improve a VAT control programme and checklist
- Create and maintain detailed VAT compliance process procedures on an ongoing basis, updating as required for technological enhancements you are implementing
- Management of HMRC relationship including ECNs, audits and correspondence
What we're looking for from you:
- A Big 4/ next tier trained VAT professional with minimum 5 years' experience and strong technical ability.
- Proven track record of managing a complex VAT reporting system, and the ability to deliver efficiencies to the VAT compliance and reporting process embracing technology where appropriate
- Highly numerate and comfortable communicating complex issues both verbally and orally to internal and external stakeholders of all levels
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.