Indirect Tax Manager – FS – Up to £100k.
As a Manager in the EMEA Indirect Tax team supporting our EMEA business units, you will have the opportunity to get involved in indirect tax management from the ground up. You will play a critical role in a time of continued business growth and increasing regulatory scrutiny and change. In this role you will be tasked with providing indirect tax technical advice on new and complex transactions, while also ensuring the appropriate processes and controls are in place to appropriately manage any indirect tax for the EMEA businesses.
Key to your success in this role will be both your indirect tax technical skills and the ability to engage with key/senior stakeholders both within the business and wider Tax team. Your specific focus will include the following responsibilities:
- Advising the business and finance teams on indirect tax issues, including reviewing, and advising on the indirect tax consequences of all new business proposals.
- Assisting with the management of tax audits and other revenue authority queries and interactions.
- Consulting with the wider Indirect Tax and EMEA Tax team as required, including identification of matters requiring escalation.
- Providing indirect taxes training and update presentations to the finance and business teams.
- Keeping abreast of legislative change in indirect taxes in EMEA.
You’ll bring your experience in a similar indirect tax advisory role gained in either a chartered accounting firm, law firm or Tax division of a large corporate. You will have the ability to develop and maintain strong internal client relationships with business unit executives and external relationships with advisors, coupled with strong communication and influencing skills. You will have a proven ability to apply a commercial lens, with a focus on the bigger picture. Critical to this role is also your ability to balance multiple assignments, successfully manage work plans in an autonomous environment and actively take responsibility and ownership for issues impacting own tasks. If you have a collaborative approach, are curious with the ability to learn and adapt quickly whilst adhering to change, then apply today.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.