£70000 - £80000 per annum
2 months ago
Working for the company's London office (1 day per week) , reporting to the Tax Director, and being part of a small professional team, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join an exciting UK based FinTech money transfer Company with global reach. The role is to take responsibility for the group's VAT requirements, including VAT compliance, PESM review and maintenance and ensuring that VAT implications are understood by the wider business. Additionally, the role will involve working alongside the other team members providing oversight of a third party provider of overseas compliance services. This role will work closely with finance and other business areas to help manage the compliance risk to optimize group tax strategy and position across its many operating jurisdictions. The role will suit someone ambitious to start to develop a career in-house at a growing FinTech and provide excellent exposure to a broad range of international VAT issues in a fast moving demanding international financial service business.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for VAT compliance for the Group, including the UK VAT Group and multiple individual international VAT registrations
- Production and submission of annual partial exemption adjustment calculation.
- Provide Indirect Tax advice on overseas indirect tax matters across the multiple jurisdictions in which the group has a presence.
- Involvement in new business developments including obtaining advice and understanding implications for new jurisdictions which the group is looking to enter.
- Key point of contact for stakeholders across the business for VAT queries
- Involvement in company projects from a VAT perspective including new system implementations and MI developments, including Transfer Pricing
- Providing VAT guidance on the implications of VAT to other departments within the organisation where necessary
- Maintaining/ amending the group's UK PESM and identifying areas within the company where VAT recovery could be improved.
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT control accounts and processing adjustments as required
- Managing the relationship with HMRC
- Ensure VAT control accounts are reconciled in accordance with group policy and that appropriate process documentation is maintained to cover all VAT aspects
- Additionally, the ideal candidate would also be able, together with the rest of the Tax Team, to support business requirements in respect of
- Employee tax issues and questions including for example PSA, and otter benefit issues.
- Production of periodic Corporation Tax provision calculations
- Aide with the provision of information to and oversight of, the group's global compliance service provider.
- Working with other members of the team to assist the [Tax Director] to develop and maintain the group's tax policy.
- Working closely with front-office colleagues to ensure that the group's tax profile is aligned with changing commercial facts, including for example PE risk management .
- Working closely with other Tax, as well as Finance and Legal colleagues to ensure the group's tax policies are properly implemented through intercompany agreements, accounting entries and financial reporting.
- All other ad hoc tasks necessary to support the business.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) or tax adviser (CTA).
- VAT Partial Exemption return preparation essential, as is understanding the process around creating and maintaining a PESM
- Proven, successful experience of dealing with tax authorities
- Exposure to taxes outside UK VAT.
- Flexible, inquisitive, and with a collaborative approach - someone who enjoys working in a changing high growth environment, as part of a small team (Director, tax professionals and analyst).
- Organised and proven track record of meeting deadlines is a must.
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses innovation and creative thinking whilst demonstrating the tenacity to negotiate and resolve difficult queries and issues.
- Excellent communications skills, ability to interact well throughout all levels of an organization.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.