Up to £65000 per annum
over 1 year ago
A multinational media and digital marketing company based in their central London HQs, are looking to branch out their indirect tax set up.
The individual will be part of the corporation's UK finance team with responsibility for managing VAT compliance for the UK business operations. You will need to work with the various business groups to provide timely and accurate reporting and be able to influence respective teams to ensure what is needed to be compliant and manage potential tax risks and ensuring the commercial objective are met.
This position will be working closely with the finance controller and the indirect tax director, where you will also have the opportunity to support the advisory, projects and overseas indirect tax.
- Assist with the design, continued development and management of a central VAT compliance approach in the UK.
- To act as a central compliance function analysing the transactions and completing returns.
- Lead the review and support of the monthly/quarterly VAT filings in the UK.
- Support the business in advising on a range of indirect tax matters.
- Support VAT audits, in collaboration with local finance teams.
- Support the Indirect Tax Director on projects and some overseas entities when required.
The ideal candidate will be ACA/CTA qualified with solid experience and knowledge of UK VAT compliance. You will be technically strong and will be able to explain complex items in a simple manner to the wider business. Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. The business is very fast paced, commercial and fairly robust - so you will have to have the right confidence and gravitas when dealing with various stakeholders.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set - please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.