Indirect Tax Director – FTSE – £140K +
Building on the organisational design changes implemented over the past two years as a result of M&A activity, this is a great opportunity to “own” and “shape” the role, to develop a central team and a team based in the Group’s shared service centre as well as tax support across the business. Reporting to the Group Head of Tax, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of indirect tax services across the group, including all aspects of indirect tax compliance and tax risk management. You will also act as an effective business partner, supporting the business with the design and implementation of complex cross border supply chain arrangements, business reorganisations and integrations, M&A, as well as leading relationships with relevant stakeholders.
The main duties are:
Delivering compliance and reporting
- We are changing our tax compliance delivery model, transforming our compliance, and reporting processes to centralise routine activities to a captive shared service centre. You will play a key role designing and leading this transformation, and retaining and building UK-based leadership capabilities;
- Leading a team, internally and externally, in planning, co-ordinating and delivering indirect tax compliance and monitoring our approaches to partial exemption, annual adjustment and capital goods scheme filings;
- Overseeing the delivery of the indirect tax obligations for the international businesses and ensuring tax compliance risk across the group is being appropriately managed;
- Coordinating the indirect tax processes and control environment to support compliance to the Senior Accounting Officer provisions for all of our UK companies within scope;
- Managing external relationships with HMRC in delivering the UK companies’ obligations under the Business Risk Review process;
- Managing the companies’ tax advisers and their auditors.
- Leading the delivery of complex indirect tax advisory services, including international tax related matters, to our businesses wherever based;
- Providing business support in respect of new market entry and business operating models, group restructuring projects including the acquisition of new, and disposal of existing, investments across the group and ensuring that indirect tax cost is optimised and appropriately managed. This includes evaluating tax risks on our existing and new supply chains/markets, working closely alongside the business in assessing risks on products and customer offerings;
- Providing assistance and support for non-UK tax audit and tax litigation related matters;
- Support the Group Head of Tax with monitoring the effectiveness of the indirect tax governance framework including the delivery of process improvement initiates for the internal controls, assurance and audit aspects of the tax risk framework;
- Supporting the Group Head of Tax to ensure compliance with the UK tax strategy and the Corporate Criminal Offence provisions;
People and advisors
- Support development of direct and indirect reports in onboarding the shared service centre resource, monitoring its effectiveness through KPIs;
- Coach wider tax network across the business on tax risk management and accounting processes and identify the need for, plan and deliver formal training for the network;
- Managing own network of tax advisors;
- Manage relationship with the group’s auditors.
- The candidate will understand the role and challenges of working as a tax professional in a global company through working in industry or in the profession having had secondment experience;
- A good communicator, confident and articulate in supporting the business and
collaborating with advisers;
- Confident and articulate in supporting the business and working alongside advisers;
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.