Indirect Tax Director
- Lead and coordinate Global Indirect Tax Team
- Transformation and automation of indirect tax functions in the US and Canada,
- Proactively identify and lead technology and data review for indirect tax globally, including initiatives for process improvements and automation
- Provide strategic and tactical advice for the design, development, operation and end user support of tax systems and tools
- Oversee the standardization of tax reporting and data analytics by utilizing existing tools and identifying areas for enhancement
- Collaborate with internal functions to ensure all data requirements are documented and managed
- Lead technical indirect tax advisory team for US and Canadian indirect taxes
- Lead/support US and Canadian indirect tax advisory team focusing on the Potash business
- Lead/support the update of technical taxability matrixes for US and Canada
- Leading, coaching and motivating staff to leverage and develop strengths and foster talent.
- Degree qualifications in Commerce and/or Accounting with post graduate accounting and/or and CA/CPA and a minimum of ten years of tax/indirect tax experience with a global organization or Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Experience in systems and automation tools (e.g. SAP, Oracle, BPC, Peoplesoft, Power Query, Power BI, Onesource, Taxware, EB tax)
- Exceptional analytical acumen with the capacity to identify, scope and solve complex problems. Strong critical thinking ability. Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a multi-tasking, deadline-oriented team environment, and interface with various levels of management and leadership. Affinity for working in a collaborative, supportive team environment. Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, adapting to changes in schedule and direction as needed. Positive team player.
- Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Statement of Core Values and Code of Business Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.