Indirect Tax compliance manager – up to £85k
In this newly created role for a global electronics group, you will be reporting to the UK Finance Director, supporting the wider finance function, and business. You will be pivotal in shaping the European distribution model for physical goods. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of European VAT and cross border movements. You will provide pragmatic advice to the wider business on our reporting requirements and identify opportunities to reduce costs whilst ensuring indirect taxes are properly managed throughout the supply chain.
The main focus of this role two-fold;
- As a senior member the Finance team you will be responsible for day-to-day management of VAT compliance for all the UK entities, including UK and foreign VAT registrations and any associated regulatory reporting requirements including EC Sales Reporting and Intrastat. Going forward, build up a general overview of indirect taxes including PAYE Settlement Agreement and Withholding Tax filings
- Help establish a ‘rules-based’ approach within our ERP system; Oracle to capturing and reporting physical movement of products and thus strengthening the ‘Procure-to-Pay’ (P2P) process. Review Distribution Contracts Look objectively at existing processes and rules around physical movement. Focus should be on the internal control environment. Explore opportunities to build B2B interfaces, reducing the risk of manual override, whilst streamlining existing processes
Duties will include:
- Responsible for VAT compliance across UK and overseas jurisdictions including Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, and Australia. Ensure that all compliance deadlines are met including VAT returns, payments, EC Sales listing, and Intrastat filings
- Review and establish a ‘rules-based’ approach within our ERP system for UK, European, ROW movements to ensure the appropriate VAT rules are being correctly applied for all purchases and sales
- Ensure that processes are in place to ensure that all VAT requirements are being met at a processing level, working with all Finance and operations teams and be first point of call for any queries, ensuring new vendors and distributors are onboarded correctly with regards to their VAT treatment
- Review, engage and manage a third-party VAT recovery specialist for Concur and business expenditure
- Manage the Business and Travel Policy to ensure expenditure is correctly categorised, ensuring adherence to HMRC guidelines
- Provide training/ workshops for department heads to ensure ‘best practice’ adopted for all Business and Travel expenditure
- Managing PAYE Settlement Agreement returns across the organisation, ensuring that all deadlines are met regarding filing, compliance, and payments
- Managing Withholding Tax obligations across the organisation, ensuring that all deadlines are met regarding filing, compliance, and payments
- Support VP, Finance with SAO documentation and processes, including maintaining a tax risk register and ensuring all controls operate effectively
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.