£35000 - £40000 per annum
7 days ago
- To assist in delivering the Indirect Tax requirements of the business.
- Develop a close working relationship with all areas of the business including the revenue and commercial finance teams and pricing teams amongst others.
- Assist in ensuring that all systems across the business are set up correctly to record and report VAT and APD.
- Assist in ensuring that standards and processes are adhered to.
- Assist in the preparation of all UK and European VAT, Air Passenger Duty (APD) and Intrastat & EC Sales list returns.
- Complete the monthly European VAT returns including manual adjustments.
- Complete the Spanish SII monthly data in accordance with the new guidelines and be the first point of contact for any queries from the authorities.
- Prepare all VAT balance sheet reconciliations and ensure any outstanding and reconciling items on the returns are dealt with on a timely basis.
- Assist the Indirect Tax Manager on the new accounting platform being introduced to ensure that all indirect tax aspects are considered during the development stage and all Indirect Tax processes clearly documented.
- Assist in managing the APD rates for all airports across all systems in the business and manage the change process when the rates change.
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable team to answer VAT related queries on purchase invoices.
- Ensure all tax process notes are updated regularly and any new processes are documented on a timely basis.
- Prepare other adhoc tax payments
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Current experience / knowledge of pan European indirect taxes preferable.
- Proven experience of working in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and thought skills.
- Educated to degree level and be studying towards a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CTA, CIMA or IIA).
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.